Thursday, May 19, 2011

Updates

My five published poets will each receive a copy of the Creative Communications Anthology.  I also ordered a copy for the school library and I will receive a free one for having five published students (yay! I won  a prize!)  The students will also receive a certificate at the end of the year Awards Assembly.

I have been putting together a book of writing contest submissions for my 4th period class, since they have entered the most contests.  The book will feature all fourteen contests (12 required, 2 optional) and each student in the class will have two submissions printed.  I'm having the books printed through blurb.com.  I will order them tomorrow and will have my fingers crossed that they get here before the end of the school year!  I'm excited to have all of my students see their work in print.  Hopefully they are secretly proud of themselves, in addition to being monumentally irritated with me about the amount of work they've had to do this year!

Also, students' test scores are starting to roll in.  I've started an analysis of last year's writing scores compared to this year's scores.  I will be posting my findings soon, but I can tell already that there is a significant difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment